Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Being a mother can make you crazy (in a good way)

Itty Bitty baby feet, she gets bigger and her feet stay the same. Just another picture of how precious she really is and how bad you want to make sure that they feel their best every day. So everytime your child coughs or cries your stomach sinks, and no offense to daddy's everywhere but I just don't think that they get that same feeling. I don't know if it is the tough factor but daddy's are there for tossing the ball, rough housing and horsey rides. Especially with little girls, daddy's are the twinkle in their eyes. I remember trying to beat our golden retriever to the door when dad got home. We would call dad when one of us was hurt because mom would just freak and we didn't want her driving 90 miles per hour to get home. There is just nothing like the relationship that daughters and daddy's have. Mom's on the other hand are crazy people! And now I totally understand what we put our mothers through. Gabe has been hurt on every spot on his body and I have been sick more than healthy. Aubrey is constipated her thrush has still not gone away, she has as small fever, a gooby eye and is just all around not feeling well this week and I just want to cry because I know she is uncomfortable. All the rules go out the window when your baby is sick. They get what they want, if they want to sleep on you, you let them, if she wants to be up and walking around you do it. Anything to make her comfortable. We are going to the doctor tomorrow with a list of questions for him because a parent wants to make sure that all the bases are covered. In a way I am becoming a crazy person, it is all I can do not to cry with her. You sit around waiting for her to poop, doing things to help her poop (bicycle the legs, juice, tummy massage) I have never been so interested in poop... I must be crazy, but it comes with the job description. I will let you all know how the doctor appointment goes tomorrow. LoVe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a snippet from a daddy's presceptive. We worry just the same, maybe even more. We just don't show it the same ways as mommy's do. We love our daughters more than there are stars in the sky and are always wanting to protect them. No matter if you got run over by the golden retriever, that sure brings back memories that make me smile, or your sister falling down a flight of stairs or getting her hand stuck in a car door those are all "challenges " that await you and Gabe. If there is any "advice" that I can offer is don't worry too much about the small stuff because if the "big" stuff ever happens, and I hope it don't, you will kinda be a little more prepared. You will be a great mom and Gabe will be a great dad. Just keep on loving her, yourself, your family and friends and you will be just fine. Love, Dad