Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekly Update

My little baby is getting so big! I know I say that in every post but daddy weighed her today and she is 9 and a half pounds according to our scale(which may be slightly off). She giggled at me the other day and I can not help but laugh my butt off because it is the sweetest sound EVER! She is also in the new habit of trying to stay awake. Not that I am complaining I love being with her and playing but I was used to the extensive napping that she did. It seems like I used to have a little more time in the day to get things done, but now I just sit and play and stare at this beautiful baby of ours. It just showes you how much they change from day to day. Today we tried out the swing and LOVED IT. She slept in it for almost 3 hours. She also got a chance to hang out in the Jumparoo even though she is still to small Gabe had to try it. We are also beginning to introduce bottles, she doesn't seem to mind them because she just wants to eat. It is nice because Gabe will wake up with her and get her a bottle ready so that I can have a few more hours of sleep. I think he likes the feeding time to, a little father daughter bonding, just like reading time. Gabe loves to read her Dr. Suess and Aubrey loves to sit and listen. Aubrey also got a visit from her "boyfriend" Harper and Aunt Hollie, Harper loved Aubrey, Aubrey didn't seem to care. She is so carefree, I am sure I am cursing myself but she is the best baby I could not have asked for anything better. I hope everyone is doing well, I will try and post another blog later this week. LOVE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pic of her and Gabe is ADORABLE!! I need to come visit you guys soon before she gets too big. We miss you at Whiskeys. Love ya

Melissa and Najem said...

Aunt Lissa loves to see her read..good job dad!!

Judy said...

Your blog is wonderful and it keeps me close to this sweet baby girl. You two are doing great and I'm so please that things are going so well. Your Mom ask me to come with her this weekend, but the Petit's are all here and I'm babysitting Miss Victoria Saturday night. Aubrey's cousins can't wait to see her. Keep on posting it makes my day. Lov to all three of you!!!